For better account security, we strongly recommend that you enable your OTP, also known as two-factor authentication 2FA on your HollaEx account.
To do so, simply:
- Log into your account, and navigate to the "Security" section
- Click "Enable Two-Factor Authentication"
Go to https://hollaex.com/security and click 'Two-Factor Authentication' then 'enable your 2FA.' indicated by the lock icon.
To use an OTP, you need to install the Google Authenticator app on your mobile phone.
After installation of Google Authenticator:
- Open the app, use “Add New Account", which is usually displayed with a "+" sign.
- Add your new OTP by scanning the QR code as shown in the platform or by entering the code manually.
- You need to enter the OTP after scanning or entering the code for the first time to verify.
Your Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) code under manual can be recorded for self-recovery for your OTP or/and can be used if you can't scan the QR code with your Google Authenticator app. Keep your OTP safe as it will be used for sensitive actions on your HollaEx account.
From now on, every time you log into your HollaEx account, after entering your password, you will be asked to enter your OTP shown on the Google Authenticator app.
The OTP will also be required when withdrawing any assets from the HollaEx exchange.
It is important that your OTP be kept safe as well as access to your email account. Both are used for sensitive actions on the HollaEx exchange.
If you lose your phone that provides the OTP you will not be able to login or withdraw funds. You will need to contact the support team to freeze your account and then have to request that your OTP be disabled.